POPL 2015: 42nd ACM SIGPLAN-SIGACT Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages
India Visa Information (for POPL 2015 attendees)
Conference Visa Update as on
Thank you for pre-registering for POPL 2015. We have just received notification from the Indian Ministry that you can now apply for your visa either online or in person. While we have obtained the required administrative permissions, it is not necessary to include these with your visa application.
Conference Visas will be issued by the relevant Indian Embassy in your jurisdiction (see here for the list of embassies). You should apply to your local embassy. Kindly visit your respective Indian Embassy website for more information on the Visa application process. See below for important notes on the online application process. When applying, you will need to submit a collection of documents. The documents you will need include:
Your letter of invitation from Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) signed by Prof. Paritosh K. Pandya which you must have
received after pre registration. However, it is advised to download a fresh
invitation letter since the signatures on the letter are now restored with
better resolution. If you haven’t received this letter, please download your
visa invitation letter, by accessing the link below
Select the “UPDATE REGISTRATION” button and to login using the same password that you provided when you originally registered for POPL 2015.
Then click on the button labelled “Download Visa Letter”.
- A letter from the Institution you are associated with, identifying
you and their relationship with you, and confirming that they understand you
intend to visit India for the POPL 2015 (plus any extra days stay for
- Two 50mm x 50mm photos. Please ensure they present the full head
from top of hair to bottom of chin, and that this distance measures between 25mm
- Your passport, which must be valid for at least 6 months after your visit to India.
If the consulate asks you for more documents or if you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com
Important information for Citizens of Afghanistan, China, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Sudan and persons of Pakistan-origin currently holding citizenship of any country:
When applying online, please note the Unique ID Code assigned to your application and send us this Unique ID to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your POPL registration number, name, passport number, nationality and email id provided during registration and your registration number in the format mentioned below. We will use this information to work with the government on your visa.
POPL Registration No
Name in full
Unique ID No.
For Pakistani Nationals / Persons of Pakistani Origin
Port of entry needs to be one of the following cities: (1) Delhi, (2) Mumbai or (3) Chennai. Additionally – please keep 3 sets each of your photograph, copy of your invitation letter, copy of your passport, copy of your visa & copy of your document stamped at port of entry
Notes on Online Visa Application
Many Indian Embassies, Consulates and High Commissions, including the High Commission of India in London, now require visa applications to be made online. This can be done from the Indian Government website: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/
Please note that this website is operated by the Indian Government, not POPL 2015.
- The website occasionally crashes, throws up error messages or freezes. Make a note of your temporary reference number. If you are having problems try later using your temporary reference number to retrieve your partially filled form
- Length of stay – Check whether the form asks you for your length of stay in months. If the form asks for months, it actually means days. So if you put 15 months in this box, it will print out as 15 days.
- Do not upload your photo on page 3 – press next page, check details and confirm. A visa application form will be generated with the High Commission Logo at the top. Print 2 copies (and another one for yourself) and sign. Save the document in case you need to reprint.
- Almost all diplomatic missions give a unique ID code when the visa is submitted online. Please save this ID code. It is necessary to quote this ID code in all correspondence, other than passport details. Without this ID code, the processing agency will not be able to retrieve information.
Under the section : Details of Visa Sought in the online form-please use information below:
Name of the Organizer/Invitee : Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
Address of the Organiser/Invitee :TIFR, Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba, Mumbai – 400 005
Phone of the Organiser/Invitee - +91 22 2278 2000
Under Reference :
Reference Name in India : Prof Paritosh Pandya
Reference Name and Address in India: TIFR
Address* - same as above -
Phone* - same as above -
Reference Name in UNITED STATES OF AMERICA* Please use the name of your Institute / Employer / Organisation
Reference Name and Address in UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Address* Please use the address of your Institute / Employer / Organisation
Phone* Please use the phone number of your Institute / Employer / Organisation
Copy of Letter from your Institution
Please get a letter from the Institution you are associated with, identifying you and their relationship with you, and confirming that they understand you intend to visit India for the POPL 2015 (plus any extra days stay for sightseeing).